The ACR GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB Category 1 (2830) is a marine distress beacon with multiple built-in redundancies to increase your chances of survival in an emergency situation. The internal GPS will pin-point your location, which is transmitted on the 406 MHz distress signal which in the absence of GPS coordinates, can be used to triangulate your position. The beacons 121.5 MHz homing signal will bring local search and rescue forces directly to your position and the EPIRBs LED strobe light will allow them to visually locate your position in low light environments.
The ACR GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB Category 1 (2830) has two functional self-tests to monitor the beacons transmission, power and battery performance, as well as GPS acquisition. Pair these tests up with ACR’s 406Link.com optional testing portal and receive satellite confirmation messages directly to your cellphone or email.
The ACR GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB Category 1 (2830) user replaceable battery pack has a 10 year replacement interval reducing the overall ownership cost and making replacement a breeze. Should you ever use the beacon in a life threatening situation, ACR will replace it, Free of Charge. Simply submit your story to ACR’s SurvivorClub.com program and return your used beacon for a free replacement.
ACR GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB Category 1 (2830) Features:
- Programmed for USA.
- High visible LED strobe – Energy Efficient
- Internal 66 channel GPS – Faster acquisition from a cold start
- High efficiency electronics – Performance you can count on
- User replaceable battery – 10 year battery life
- Professional grade design – Engineered, tested and built for years of abusive marine use
- Simple manual activation – Keypad with protective cover to prevent false alarms
- Uses Search and Rescue Satellites – No subscription fees
- If you use it…ACR will replace it, FREE of charge – Simply submit your story, send ACR back your used beacon, so they can have it mounted on the Wall of Fame and ACR will send you a brand new beacon of equal or greater value
ACR GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB Category 1 (2830) Specifications:
- Activation Method: Out of bracket and wet or manually
- Application: Coastal Cruising, Sailing, Offshore Recreational and Commercial Marine
- Material: High Impact UV resistant polymer
- Battery Life: 10 Year User Replaceable
- EPIRB Type: Category 1/Class 2
- Floating: Yes
- GPS Enabled: Yes
- Dimensions: 8.6″ x 4.3″ x 3.6″
- Strobe: LED Strobe
- Transmit Time: Minimum 48 Hours @ -4° (-20°C)
- Waterproof: 33ft (10m) @ 10 min. Exceeds RTCM standard
- Weight: 3.85lbs (61.6oz) with bracket
- Warranty: 5 years
ACR GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB Category 1 (2830) Documents:
This product may not be returned to the original point of purchase. Please contact the manufacturer directly with any issues or concerns.