Introducing the Cascadia 4×4 VSS System™ for the VS30 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van (2019+). The world’s first, highest quality, and most complete vehicle specific hood-mounted solar panel system. Nomadic Supply Company includes two 45w solar panels, an MPT solar charge controller, 2 paint protection vinyl pads in our Cascadia 4×4 VSS System kit.
The amazing Cascadia 4×4 VSS System Hood Solar Panels for 2019+ Mercedes Sprinter hard-mounts to the hood of your 2019+ VS30 907 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van and provides a constant flow of clean solar energy to your primary or secondary vehicle batteries when your van is in the sun. This gives you the ability to run 12V accessories like fridges, phone/laptop chargers, lights, power inverters , etc. without the need to start your engine and without the fear of draining your battery and leaving you stranded!
The Cascadia 4×4 VSS System Hood Solar Panels for 2019+ Mercedes Sprinter is completely plug-and-play because it’s paired with a MPPT solar charge controller and vinyl protection pads that protect the paint on the hood of your Sprinter.
Cascadia 4×4 VSS System Hood Solar Panels for 2019+ Mercedes Sprinter can be installed in as little as 1.5 hours by anyone.
Cascadia 4×4 chose the most stable and durable multilayered semi-flexible solar panel construction available to ensure that these solar panels can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free, for years.
Cascadia 4×4 VSS System Hood Solar Panels for Mercedes Sprinter Benefits:
– Keep your Mercedes Sprinter battery topped up at all times: Perfect for the overlander, van-lifer or camper who wants to power devices without worrying about draining their battery.
– Extend the life of your battery: The Cascadia 4×4 VSS System™ will give you longer overall battery life by tending it constantly during periods of sun exposure.
– Emergency engine starting device: If you ever manage to completely drain your battery the VSS System™ will start the vehicle up again in as little as 30 minutes depending on sun exposure.
– Anti-glare device: Due to it’s light absorbing properties the solar panel creates a surface with very low reflectivity across the hood of the vehicle.
Cascadia 4×4 VSS System Hood Solar Panels for Mercedes Sprinter Features:
– 90 watts of energy on the hood of your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter from solar panels that are only 3mm thick, meaning vehicle aerodynamics are not affected and the weight of the system is negligible.
– Durable marine-grade solar panel construction. The panels are made from 8 laminated layers consisting of a Dupont Tedlar backsheet and high tech polymers allowing them to stand up to harsh environmental conditions like rain/snow/ice/mud/rocks/sticks etc. High durability makes this panel perfect for an off-road vehicle.
– Plug-and-play MPPT solar charge controller. This waterproof solar charge controller mounts in the engine bay and is highly resistant to heat and vibration. It automatically controls how much electricity reaches the battery and prevents overcharging. The charge controller has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors to take out all of the guesswork in setting up the VSS System™.
– The custom cut vinyl base sheets protect the underlying vehicle paint from damage.
– Factory-like appearance. The VSS System™ follows the contours and edges of the Sprinter van hood perfectly giving it a seamless and sleek aesthetic.
– Cascadia 4×4 adds strips of 3M neoprene foam to the base of each panel. This high density foam acts as a thermal barrier to protect your vehicle’s paint from damage and also aid in solar panel cooling.
– Final assembly and quality control is done at our Canadian production facility to ensure that every VSS System™ functions perfectly. At Cascadia 4×4 we stand behind the quality of our products.
Cascadia 4×4 VSS System Hood Solar Panels for 2019+ Mercedes Sprinter Specifications:
(FOR 2X 45W PANELS WIRED IN SERIES)
- Fits any Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3rd Generation VS30 907 2019+
- 2 year warranty
- Power: 90W
- Voc: 47.6V
- Vmp: 40.5V
- Isc: 2.35A
- Imp: 2.22A
Cascadia 4×4 VSS System Hood Solar Panels for 2019+ Mercedes Sprinter Installation:
Each solar panel comes with a full perimeter of pre-installed high temperature 3M VHB tape. Cascadia 4×4 spends time sanding, cleaning and prepping each panel to make sure that the tape has a solid bond to the panel. This tape then mounts safely to your hood without damaging the paint.
The Cascadia 4×4 VSS System™ is paired with the Cascadia 4×4 vinyl base sheets which sit under the solar panels. The vinyl mounts onto the hood of your Sprinter in the same way that traditional hood vinyls or automotive vinyl stickers are applied. The vinyl acts as a moisture and debris barrier to protect the underlying paint.
Note: The Cascadia 4×4 VSS System™ takes 1.5 hrs to install and must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F).
Cascadia 4×4 VSS System Hood Solar Panels for 2019+ Mercedes Sprinter FAQ’s:
HOW DOES IT MOUNT?
Each panel comes with a full perimeter of pre-installed high temperature 3M VHB tape. We spend time sanding, cleaning and prepping each panel to make sure that the tape has a solid bond to the panel. This tape then mounts safely to your hood without damaging the paint. We highly recommend that the Cascadia 4×4 VSS System™ is paired with our vehicle specific vinyl base sheet which sits under the solar panel. The vinyl mounts onto the hood of your vehicle in the same way that traditional hood vinyls or automotive vinyl stickers are applied. The vinyl acts as a moisture and debris barrier to protect the underlying paint. Note: The VSS System™ takes 1.5 hrs to install and must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F).
WILL ENGINE HEAT AFFECT THE VSS SYSTEM?
This is the most commonly asked question about our VSS systems. It is a fact that solar cells lose efficiency as they warm up, however the simple answer is NO, engine heat will not have an effect on how our VSS system operates.
Why you ask? Well, the main benefit to the VSS system is that it provides power to your vehicle battery when the engine is NOT running (and therefore not hot). When the engine is running (and hot), the vehicles alternator is doing the majority of the charging not the solar panel. This means there is very little effect from the additional heat on the system when the system is used for it’s intended benefits.
In order to help with heat build up, each VSS panel is prepped with closed cell neoprene on the back of the panel. This serves two purposes: it lifts the panel up off the hood creating an air pocket between the panel and the hood to allow for cooling, while also helping to protect the vehicle hood from any contact with the back of the panel.
WILL THE VSS SYSTEM WORK WITH MY BATTERY?
The MPPT charge controller included in our complete kits is programmed to charge a wide variety of battery types. Our system will work with AGM, Lead-Acid and Gel Cell type batteries. *we do not recommend the use of Optima batteries with the VSS systems.
CAN IT BE REMOVED?
Once installed the VSS system is not designed to be removed from the vehicle. The solar panel can be removed only if absolutely necessary. ie. the panel needs to be replaced.