Go further off-the-grid with the new Go Power! 250Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Solar Battery (GP-LIFEPO4-250). Built specifically for mobile applications, the Go Power! 250Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate Solar Battery (GP-LIFEPO4-250) deep cycle battery is ideal for use in an RV.
Go Power! 250Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Solar Battery Overview:
- Compatible with all Go Power! solar, inverters and charge controllers
- Max Power Capacity; carries almost double the power of regular batteries
- Quick charging
- Built-in Battery Management System (BMS)
- Over and under voltage protection
- Over and under temperature protection
- Charge and discharge over current protection
- Short circuit protection
- 10-year warranty
Go Power! 250Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Safety Features:
Go Power! Lithium batteries feature a built-in Battery Management System (or, BMS) which ensures safety and long battery life by constantly monitoring battery performance, internal temperature, and other critical elements required in safely functioning battery. Go Power! LiFePO4 Lithium batteries feature several safety components in the BMS, which Include:
- Over and under voltage protection, which disconnects the battery from the load or charger, to prevent damage if it occurs
- Over and under temperature protection, which also disconnects from the load if the temperature limits are exceeded
- Charge and discharge over current protection, which automatically balances the voltages during recharge cycles to bring all the battery cells to full charge at the same time, ensuring longer battery life.
- Short circuit protection, which open circuits the battery terminals if a short is detected
The Go Power! 250Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Solar Battery (GP-LIFEPO4-250) has some great advantages over typical lead-acid deep-cycle batteries:
- Can accept very high charge rates (100A), meaning charge times as short as 2.5 hours up to 99% full
- Longer life – much greater number of cycles
- Less than half the weight of similar-capacity lead-acid batteries
- No maintenance required, no battery memory, no internal grid or external terminal corrosion
- No freezing in extreme temperatures
- Almost no temperature derating effects (still 90Ah capacity at 5C for 100Ah lithium, compared to 60Ah capacity at 5C for 100Ah lead-acid)
- 95% energy efficient
- Can store at any state-of-charge (SOC) – does not have to be fully-charged for storage, unlike lead-acid
Lithium iron phosphate batteries have excellent characteristics for use as a deep-cycle RV battery:
- Lithium iron phosphate has high current rating and long cycle life, good thermal stability, enhanced safety and tolerance for abuse.
- Lithium iron phosphate batteries also have a very flat discharge curve, meaning the batteries continue to put out the same amount of energy even at a low state-of-charge.
Go Power! 250Ah LiFePO4 Solar Battery Features:
Why are Go Power lithium iron phosphate batteries better than other lithium batteries?
- Cylindrical cells – Go Power batteries use cylindrical lithium-ion battery cells. Cylindrical lithium cells typically have much more power, better performance and greater longevity than prismatic cells.
- Triple safety design – Go Power lithium batteries have 3 layers of safety protection in each cell:
- The lithium iron phosphate cells include an internal safety fuse. If the cell overheated (up to 135C), the fuse would instantly break the connection between the anode and the cathode.
- Lengthways circuit boards between each layer of cells monitor current, temperature and pressure. If the cell casing shows high internal pressure, the positive and external (negative) current will be cut off by the automatic voltage cutoff. These boards also prevent a short-circuited cell from causing any battery damage.
- If the internal pressure in any cell is over the safe value of 8-20 Kpa, its safety valve discharges, reducing the pressure automatically.
- Solid construction – Go Power batteries use an ABS case with explosion-proof cylindrical lithium cells.
- Full-featured Battery Management System (BMS) – The “brains” of the battery is the Power Control Board (PCB), which provides the BMS features. Heat-shielded battery cables connect the lengthways circuit boards to the PCB. The BMS has microprocessor-controlled automatic low- and over-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, reverse polarity protection, and charge balancing, with the voltage of each cell managed individually.
- Go Power offers a 10-year warranty on their batteries.
Note: Go Power! 250Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Solar Battery (GP-LIFEPO4-250) can be connected in parallel in a string of up to 4 batteries. It cannot be connected in series, it is only designed for 12VDC power systems.
Go Power! 250Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Solar Battery Specifications:
|Voltage||12.8 VDC nominal|
|Capacity||250 AH @ 20 hour rate|
|Max Charge Rate||100A (continuous)|
|Max Discharge Rate||100A (continuous)|
Charge: 32°F (0°C) to 131°F (55°C)Discharge: -4°F (-20°C) to 131°F (55°C)
|Life Expectancy||>3000 @ 80% DOD|
|Auto Low/High Voltage Cutoff||8.4V / 14.6V|
|Approvals||UN 38.3, CE|
|Case and Cover||ABS|
|Venting Valve||Rubber, opening pressure 8-20kPa|
GP-LiFePO4-250 Lithium Battery Quick Start GuideLithium Iron Phosphate batteries ship under Class 9 Dangerous Goods PI 965 Section IA, which requires special carrierinstructions. Please contact your carrier company to determine their requirements for shipping.