Utilize the wasted space underneath your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter to add fresh water storage with our Northwest Conversions Mercedes Sprinter 20-Gallon Chassis Water Tank w/ Stainless Brackets. The Northwest Conversions Mercedes Sprinter 20-Gallon Chassis Water Tank w/ Stainless Brackets is custom designed to fit under the driver side of the van next to the fuel tank. The Mercedes Sprinter 20-Gallon Chassis Water Tank w/ Stainless Brackets can be used for storing fresh or gray water. It comes with 3 stainless steel mounting brackets and all required installation hardware.
Northwest Conversions Mercedes Sprinter 20-Gallon Chassis Water Tank w/ Stainless Brackets features (1) 1.5″ and (2) 1/2″ rear-facing NPT ports. It accepts universal fittings and mounts between frame and slider door step cutout underneath the Mercedes Sprinter chassis.
All of our water tanks are designed and fabricated by our friends at Northwest Conversions in Bellingham, Washington!
Mercedes Sprinter 20-Gallon Chassis Water Tank w/ Stainless Brackets Fitments:
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 1500/2500/3500:
Third Generation (VS30) 2019+
Second Generation (NCV3) 2008-2018
Mercedes Sprinter 20-Gallon Chassis Water Tank w/ Stainless Brackets Features:
- Water Tank has a 20-Gallon capacity
- Water Tank can be used for freshwater or gray water
- Water Tank Accepts variety of universal fittings
- Water Tank mounts under the driver side of the van next to the fuel tank
- Water Tank includes (3) Stainless steel Brackets, Stainless steel 3/8″ hardware, and 3/8″ Rivnuts.
- The tank straps are designed to use the (3) fuel tank strap mounting locations as well as drilling (3) new holes for the 3/8″ rivnuts next to the pinch weld of the body.
- Installation will require a Rivnut tool. Rivnut tool is not included.
- Tank has (2) 1.5″ NPT port and (2) 1/2″ NPT ports on end that will face the rear of van.
- Tank has (1) 1.5″ NPT port on top. Port is 8.5″ back from end on center of the tank.
- Water Tank is designed for non pressurized systems. The tank must be vented.
- Water Tank is made from BPA Free Food Grade Plastic
- Water Tank External Dimensions are 46″L x 9.25″H x 12.25″W
How to Clean our Camper Van Water Tanks:
Make sure you rinse the water tank before first use, as there can be plastic bits left in the tank from the manufacturing process.
You can use bleach or vinegar to clean our fresh water tanks (or you can one of our camper van fresh water tank cleaning solutions).
It’s best to clean your water tank at the start of each camping season (once a year).
Step 1: Drain tank completely
Step 2: Mix 4 oz bleach or vinegar with 1 1⁄2 gallons of hot water
Step 3: Pour bleach/vinegar solution into tank
Step 4: Fill tank with fresh water until its full
Step 5: Let sit for 12 hours
Step 6: Drain tank completely, refill with fresh water and drain completely again (you may need to repeat this rinse step a few times)
Camper Van Water Tank Venting:
Polyethylene camper van water tanks must be vented. These fresh water tanks are not designed to handle pressure or a vacuum. A vent is necessary because as the tank is filled or emptied of its liquid an equal proportion of air must be displaced simultaneously. Discharge of a water tank without a vent would cause a vacuum to occur. A generally accepted rule concerning vent size is that it should be the same size as the tank’s largest outlet.