The sPOD BantamX Modular 8-Switch Panel will save hours of wiring and installation time! It is a small, 8-circuit (expandable) control system that provides a clean (one ethernet cable into the cab!) and safe way to power and control 12/24VDC accessories.
Due to the small footprint of The sPOD BantamX Modular 8-Switch Panel, the placement options are endless! No cutting, fishing wires into the cab or tapping into the vehicle’s electrical system. It’s the perfect over-all solution for all your aftermarket electrical accessories with options unmatched by anyone.
- BantamX Touchscreen for Uni with 36 Inch battery cables
- Fully programmable, digital controlled system
- 8 circuits rated at 30 amps at 12.5 VDC per circuit
- 16-position terminal block (easily attach accessories)
- 2 controller ports (RJ45) for Ethernet cables
- Integrated low voltage cutoff (LVCO) battery protection w/ optional override
- One ATM mini-style fuse for LVCO protection and reset
- Failsafe self-healing fault protection system (from 1.5 to 30amps)
- Current-sensing MOSFETs controlled by a microprocessor (no fuses and relays)
- 50amp auto-resetting circuit breaker
- Nylon braided battery cables are hi-strand crosslinked copper wire with a silicone jacket
- Operates on 12VDC or 24VDC
- 8-position input terminal block for controlling outputs
- Built-in Bluetooth capabilities for remote control
- Protection against: overheating, over-current, shorts, reverse polarity and field collapse
- Ignition control and safety lock-out for switches 1 and 2 (optional)
- Up to 4 BantamX units can be daisy chained and controlled by one Touchscreen
- On-demand wireless software updates/upgrades
- Powder coated steel base w/ built in hardware
- Silicone gasket for weatherproofing
- Simple thumb screw fastening aluminum lid with convenient silkscreened outlines for supplied legend placement
- Universal and vehicle specific mounting options
- Robust insulated base and cover
Features Available Through sPOD Mobile App (free):
- Each switch can be programmed for:
- Switch Linking
- On Road and Off Road mode of operation
The following features are only available through the purchase of our Pro-Series mobile App:
- Circuit timers
- Switch lockout
- Initial startup current for each circuit is raised to 65amps for 5 seconds
- Program any circuit to be always on while still maintaining fault protection
- Option to disable deep sleep mode
- Selectable auto restart after circuit shuts down from over current/short
- Programmable Current Limiting (in 2amp increments up to 30amps)
- Selectable auto restart for current limiting shut down
- Selectable Latch or Momentary actions for inputs
- Programmable ignition control for all 8 circuits
- Variable strobe function to create custom flash/strobe patterns
External Controller Options (not included with system and can only be used in conjunction with an sPOD controller):
- Third party switches
- Raspberry Pi
- Alpine Audio systems KAC-001 head unit controller
- Sensors, thermostats, pressure switches, fan controllers and more
Touchscreen Control Panel
- Reduced installation time and labor allowing for mounting and connection of eight switches at one time versus individually.
- Reduced wire harness complexity, using one harness to our controller to accommodate up to 32 circuits.
- Reduced harness size offers an overall reduction in weight, improving the operational efficiency of the equipment.
- Increase in switch lifecycle over traditional electromechanical switches.
Touchscreen Control Module Features:
- Voltage feedback (vehicles battery/alternator voltage)
- Amperage meter for each switch gives you the status of how much current each accessory is drawing
- Board temperature feedback (shown on screen)
- Customization: legends (3 lines of text)
- Automatic backlighting off after 30 minutes of being inactivity
- Automatic power off after 6 hours of being inactive or engine not running (Deep sleep mode)
- One touch off function
- One second hold on off button shuts all circuits down
- Automatic system shut down when the touchscreen is unplugged
- Backlight dimming
- Multiple Source select (One touchscreen can control up to 32 circuits)
- Come with its own mounting bracket.
- Bluetooth for use in programming the touchscreen.
- The primary reason for the Bluetooth integrated into the Touchscreen is for programming purposes, and not for remote control due to the limited range.
- Touchscreen housings are precision machined billet aluminum which contributes to the distance limitations.
- Ranges may vary from 5 feet up to 15 feet depending on the location of the Touchscreen, the surroundings, Phone type, Phone cover, and many other variables.
Additional Touchscreen Mounting Options (sold separately):
- RAM-201U Double Socket Arm for 1-inch RAM Ball (Must have this in order to mount touchscreen)
- RAM-238U Base with 1-inch RAM Ball (For fixed surface mounting and interconnect between double socket arm)
- RAM-224-1U Suction Cup Base with 1-inch RAM Ball (For fixed surface mounting and interconnect between double socket arm)