Viair 400P Automatic 150 PSI 2.30 CFM Portable Air Compressor is VIAIR’s first Automatic shut-off function powerful portable tire inflator. This 33% duty cycle unit is capable of pressures up to 150 PSI and can be operated for up to 40 minutes at a time before needing to be rested (at up to 40 PSI). The Viair 400P Automatic 150 PSI 2.30 CFM Portable Air Compressor comes with a close-ended gas station-style air gun for added convenience.
Portable compressors with automatic shutoff come into play when moving from tire to tire, and when checking tire pressure in the middle of a tire fill. A typical portable compressor must be turned off between tire fills, and anytime you want to check tire pressure. If you aren’t near the compressor, this can turn into running laps back and forth to the portable compressor to turn the unit on and off. Automatic portables do not work in this fashion and will save you time & effort to get tires inflated quickly.
The Viair 400P Automatic 150 PSI 2.30 CFM Portable Air Compressor is the most powerful portable compressor in the VIAIR lineup and is designed to fill 35 tires from 15 to 30 PSI in just over two minutes. Viair 400P Automatic 150 PSI 2.30 CFM Portable Air Compressor Kit includes compressor, 8 foot power cord with battery clamps, 35 foot coiled hose, and a water resistant double compartment carrying bag.
Air is a powerful and useful tool when working with automotive equipment, but it is a lifesaver when you are facing a flat tire. With a VIAIR 400p portable compressor, you open up a range of possibilities for on-demand air regardless of where you are. Because of the small size and how easy it is to move from job site to car or anywhere else, portable compressors are a favorite of handymen, DIY mechanics, and anyone else who likes to tinker.
A Pump in a Pinch
The VIAIR compressor 400p is really valuable when you find yourself stranded on the side of the road with a flat tire. This kit comes with an eight-foot power cord that connects to your vehicle’s battery. So long as your car has life, your compressor will inflate a 35-inch tire in less than three minutes. Though the power cord is eight feet, the hose itself is 25 feet long. It’s perfect for roadside use or around the garage.
In spite of the compact size, this air compressor wheel kit puts out a maximum air pressure of 150 psi. Whether you need to fill up a bike tire or the spare you just pulled off the back of the trailer, this is the pump for you. Complete with a durable, waterproof carrying bag, you have all the air you need when you order a VIAR compressor from 4 Wheel Parts.
Please Note: The air hose supplied with this kit may become brittle from prolonged exposure to UV/sunlight. – Stow when not in use. Never allow the hose to come into contact with the head of the compressor during use (melting hazard). The use of the included air hose is not recommended in sub zero or freezing conditions. The 300P does not work with Presta bicycle valves, unless used with a Presta Valve Adapter. The 300P does not work with the VIAIR Winterization Kit (P/N 90145).
Viair 400P Automatic 150 PSI 2.30 CFM Portable Air Compressor Features:
– Gas Station-Style Tire Inflation Gun with 160 PSI Gauge
– Thermal Overload Protector
– Automatic Shut-Off Function
– Quick Connect Air Hose with Heat Shield
– Vibration-Resistant Diamond-Plate Sand Tray
– Deluxe Dual Compartment Carry Bag
– 40-amp Inline Fuse Holder
– Dual Battery Clamps
– 3 pc. Inflation Tips Kit
Viair 400P Automatic 150 PSI 2.30 CFM Portable Air Compressor Specifications:
– Permanent Magnetic Motor
– Duty Cycle: 33% @ 100 PSI
– Max. Working Pressure: 150 PSI
– Max. Amp Draw: 32-Amps
– Ingress Protection Rating: IP54
– Dimensions: 10.87″L x 5.83″W x 7.48″H
– Net Weight: 10.70 lbs.
– Power Cord Length: 8 ft.
– Air Hose Length: 30 ft.
If you’re looking to quickly inflate your tires, Viair portable compressors are your best bet.
When choosing a portable air compressor, here are a few questions to consider before your purchase:
Why do you need to inflate your tires?
- Are you looking to top-off your tire on cold days, or inflate your tires when the “tire maintenance” light pops up on your dashboard?
For those who are just topping off tires, we would suggest any of our Portable models suited for the daily driver (70P-90P). Just make sure you know your tire size (see below) and power source (see below) beforehand, and do not exceed our suggested use.
- Or will this be for airing up and down after off-roading? If you are using your portable for off-road purposes , our Portable models 300P and up would be ideal. We have listed the suggested tire size on our site, and have even given fill times so you know just how quick you’ll be back on the road!
What size are my tires?
- You will need to know what size tires you have. This will help to determine which model would work for your tire size. Example: 245/35/R20
- One helpful tool we use is a tire size calculator.
- VIAIR has already done the work for you by listing which models work with what size tire on Viair’s Compressor Comparison page. Scroll down to the “Portables” section, and look for “Max Tire Size”.
How will I power the compressor?
We have two options for powering your portable air compressor:
- Plug into the vehicle’s power outlet (cigarette lighter). Before choosing a compressor that plugs into the power outlet, make sure the outlet is rated for 15A/180W. If the outlet is under those specs in any way, you will have to go with a model that connects directly to your battery.Our Portable models that plug into the cigarette outlet are: 75P (P/N 00075), 84P (P/N 00084), and 85P (P/N 00085).
- Connect directly to your car battery. You’ll need to connect the compressor directly to your battery if your car outlet is not rated for 15A/180W; otherwise, you may blow your car’s fuse! Our Portable models for tire inflation / topping off that plug into the car battery are: 87P (P/N 00087), 88P (P/N 00088), and 90P (P/N 00093).
Viair Portable models for airing up/down after off-roading are:
Viair 300P (P/N 30033)
Viair 400P (P/N 40043 for 12V and P/N 40050 for 24V)
Viair 400P-Automatic (P/N 40045)
Viair 440P (P/N 44043)
Viair 450P-Automatic (P/N 45043)