The Victron Energy 300AH 25.6V Smart LifePO4 Bluetooth Lithium Battery has Bluetooth built in so that you can monitor cell voltage and temperature via the Victron Connect App. Victron Energy 300AH 25.6V Smart LifePO4 Bluetooth Lithium Batteries can be connected up to 8 cells in series.
Important: Do not mix different Ah capacities!
Victron Energy 300AH 25.6V Smart LifePO4 Battery Features:
- With integrated cell balancing
- Can be parallel and series connected
- Bluetooth app available to monitor cell voltage and temperature
Lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) is the safest of the mainstream li-ion battery types. The nominal voltage of a LFP cell is 3.2V (lead-acid: 2V/cell). A 25.6V LFP battery therefore consists of 4 cells connected in series; and a 25.6V battery consists of 8 cells connected in series.
A lead-acid battery will fail prematurely due to sulfation
- If it operates in deficit mode during long periods of time (i.e. if the battery is rarely, or never at all, fully charged).
- If it is left partially charged or worse, fully discharged (yacht or mobile home during winter time).
A LFP battery does not need to be fully charged. Service life even slightly improves in case of partial charge instead of a full charge. This is a major advantage of LFP compared to lead-acid.Other advantages are the wide operating temperature range, excellent cycling performance, low internal resistance and high efficiency. LFP is therefore the chemistry of choice for demanding applications.
In several applications (especially off-grid solar and/or wind), energy efficiency can be of crucial importance. The round-trip energy efficiency (discharge from 100% to 0% and back to 100% charged) of the average lead-acid battery is 80%. The round-trip energy efficiency of a LFP battery is 92%. The charge process of lead-acid batteries becomes particularly inefficient when the 80% state of charge has been reached, resulting in efficiencies of 50% or even less in solar systems where several days of reserve energy is required (battery operating in 70% to 100% charged state). In contrast, a LFP battery will still achieve 90% efficiency under shallow discharge conditions.
Size and weight
Saves up to 70% in space
Saves up to 70% in weight
LFP batteries are expensive when compared to lead-acid. But in demanding applications, the high initial cost will be more than compensated by longer service life, superior reliability and excellent efficiency.
With Bluetooth cell voltages, temperature and alarm status can be monitored.Very useful to localize a (potential) problem, such as cell imbalance.
Victron Energy 300AH 25.6V Smart LifePO4 Lithium Battery Requires one of these BMS:
- Victron Energy VE.Bus BMS – recommended for systems with our inverter/chargers.
- Victron Energy smallBMS – recommended for use in small systems.
- Victron Energy Battery Management System BMS 12/200 – recommended for use in Automotive and Marine systems having DC-loads and Alternators.
- Victron Energy Smart BMS CL 12/100 – recommended for use in Automotive and Marine systems having DC-loads and Alternators.
- Victron Energy Lynx Smart BMS – recommended for use in large systems.
Victron Energy 300AH 25.6V Smart LifePO4 Bluetooth Battery Specifications:
- Integrated Bluetooth to monitor cell voltage and temperature via the Victron Connect App
- Integrated Cell Balancing
- Cycle Life
- 5000 cycles @ 50% DOD
- 3000 cycles @ 70% DOD
- 2500 cycles @ 80% DOD
- Recommend Charging Voltage
- Bulk/Absorption: 14.2V
- Float: 13.5V
- Discharge Operating Temperature:
- -4°F to 122°F
- -20°C to 50°C
- Charge Operating Temperature:
- 41°F to 122°F
- 5°C to 50°C
- Storage Operating Temperature
- -49°F to 158°F
- -45°C to 70°C