BatteryProtect BP-65 – 65AMP – 6-35 VDC
- The BatteryProtect disconnects the battery from non essential loads before it is completely discharged (which would damage the battery) or before it has insufficient power left to crank the engine.
- 12/24V auto ranging The BatteryProtect automatically detects system voltage
- Programming made easy The BatteryProtect can be set to engage / disengage at several different voltages. The seven segment display will indicate which setting has been chosen.
- A special setting for Li-ion batteries In this mode the BatteryProtect can be controlled by the VE.Bus BMS. Note: the BatteryProtect can also be used as a charge interrupter in between a battery charger and a Li-ion battery. See connection diagram in the manual.
- Ultra low current consumption This is important in case of Li-ion batteries, especially after low voltage shutdown. Please see our Li-ion battery datasheet and the VE.Bus BMS manual for more information.
- Over voltage protection To prevent damage to sensitive loads due to over voltage, the load is disconnected whenever the DC voltage exceeds 16V respectively 32V.
- Ignition proof No relays but MOSFET switches, and therefore no sparks.
- Delayed alarm output The alarm output is activated if the battery voltage drops below the preset disconnect level during more than 12 seconds. Starting the engine will therefore not activate the alarm. The alarm output is a short circuit proof open collector output to the negative (minus) rail, max. current 50 mA. The alarm output is typically used to activate a buzzer, LED or relay. Delayed load disconnect and delayed reconnect The load will be disconnected 90 seconds after the alarm has been activated. If the battery voltage increases again to the connect threshold within this time period (after the engine has been started for example), the load will not be disconnected. The load will be reconnected 30 seconds after the battery voltage has increased to more than the preset reconnect voltage.