A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, Victron Energy BlueSolar MPPT Charge Controller 100V 15AMP (SCC010015200R) maximises this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. BlueSolar maintains battery health, extending its life.
By constantly monitoring the voltage and current output of your solar (PV) panels, MPPT technology ensures that every drop of available power is rinsed out of your panels, and harvested for storage. The advantage of this is most noticeable when the sky is partially clouded, and light intensity is constantly changing.
Remotely control and monitor the extensive features of your BlueSolar MPPT charger by attaching a Bluetooth dongle and pairing it with your smartPhone or other device via VictronConnect. If your installation is connected to the internet with a GX device, the Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both VictronConnect and VRM are free to use. For remote installations – even when there is no internet connection nearby – you may be able to monitor your MPPT by connecting the GlobalLink 520.
The intelligent Load output function prevents damage caused by running batteries ‘flat’. You can configure the voltage at which BlueSolar disconnects a load – thereby preventing excessive drain on your batteries. And here’s the clever bit: BlueSolar will attempt a 100% recharge every day. If it can’t – during periods of poor weather – it raises the disconnect voltage, daily, until it achieves success. We call this feature BatteryLife because it maintains the health, and extends the life of your battery.
Victron Energy BlueSolar MPPT Charge Controller Features:
- Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
- Load output Over-discharge of the battery can be prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output will disconnect the load when the battery has been discharged to a pre-set voltage. Alternatively, an intelligent battery management algorithm can be chosen: see Battery Life. The load output is short circuit proof. Some loads (especially inverters) can best be connected directly to the battery, and the inverter remote control connected to the load output. A special interface cable may be needed, please see the manual.
- Battery Life: intelligent battery management When a solar charge controller is not able to recharge the battery to its full capacity within one day, the result is often that the battery will continually be cycled between a ‘partially charged’ state and the ‘end of discharge’ state. This mode of operation (no regular full recharge) will destroy a lead-acid battery within weeks or months. The Battery Life algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly increase the load disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly the full 100%. From that point onwards the load disconnect level will be modulated so that a nearly 100% recharge is achieved about once every week.
- Programmable battery charge algorithm See the software section on our website for details
- Day/night timing and light dimming option See the software section on our website for details
- Programming, real-time data and history display options – Color Control GX or other GX devices: see the Venus documents on our website. – A smartPhone or other Bluetooth-enabled device: VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle needed