The rugged, floating Garmin GPSMAP 79sc Marine Handheld Preloaded With BlueChart g3 Coastal Charts (010-02635-02) features a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color display that is fogproof and scratch-resistant. You get access to a range of satellite constellations, so you get more reliable, accurate tracking around the world. Navigate wherever your adventures take you with built-in BlueChart® g3 coastal charts. With more memory than previous models, you can save and track 10,000 waypoints and 250 routes. Keep your bearings with the built-in compass.
Cast off confidently with the Garmin GPSMAP 79sc Marine Handheld GPS w/ BlueChart g3 Coastal Charts (010-02635-02). This rugged, floating handheld features a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color display that is fogproof and scratch-resistant. You get access to a range of satellite constellations, so you get more reliable, accurate tracking around the world. Navigate wherever your adventures take you with the worldwide basemap. With more memory than previous models, you can save and track 10,000 waypoints and 250 routes. Keep your bearings with the built-in compass.
Garmin GPSMAP 79sc Marine Handheld Preloaded With BlueChart g3 Coastal Charts Features:
- Rugged, floating, water-resistant (IPX6 — unit level only) handheld GPS with a high-resolution color display and scratch-resistant, fogproof glass
- Increased memory to save and track 10,000 waypoints, 250 routes and 300 fit activities
- Supports multiple satellite constellations (GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS) for reliable tracking around the world
- Includes preloaded BlueChart® g3 coastal charts
- Built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass shows heading while standing still
- This handheld is water-resistant (IPX7) with a high-resolution color display you can read in the sun.
- The Garmin GPSMAP 79sc glass is scratch-resistant and fogproof.
- If rough waters come and the handheld goes overboard, don’t worry; the Garmin GPSMAP 79sc floats.
- User-replaceable AA batteries (not included) provide up to 19 hours of battery life in GPS tracking mode.
- With support for multiple satellite constellations — such as GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS — you’ll get accurate, reliable tracking and positioning around the world.
- More memory than previous models means you can save and track 10,000 waypoints, 250 routes and 300 fitness activity files.
- The 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass shows your heading — even while the boat is standing still.
- Preloaded BlueChart g3 coastal charts (GPSMAP 79sc only) give you leading-edge coverage, clarity and detail with integrated Garmin and Navionics data.
Garmin, the world’s largest and most innovative marine electronics manufacturer, announces the GPSMAP 79 marine handheld series designed to equip mariners with a suite of essential, easy-to-use onboard navigation tools from the palm of their hand. Building on the legacy of the GPSMAP 78 series, the GPSMAP 79 series introduces an all-new design with modern display features and optional built-in BlueChart® g3 coastal charts to enhance navigation and peace of mind for boaters as they explore open waters. Packed securely in a rugged, floating design, the GPSMAP 79 series is purpose-built to suit a variety of on-water lifestyles.
“Whether used as a backup solution for onboard electronics or a dedicated navigation device, the GPSMAP 79 series provides a number of key tools every mariner should have on hand when leaving shore,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “Along with a fresh new design, easy-to-interpret mapping and modern features, the GPSMAP 79 Series offers greater peace of mind and more efficient on-water navigation as mariners search for promising fishing spots or set out on a weekend cruise.”
The GPSMAP 79 series is available in two models – the Garmin GPSMAP 79s with a built-in worldwide base map and support for downloadable marine charts, and the Garmin GPSMAP 79sc which comes standard with built-in BlueChart g3 cartography. In addition to a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass, GPSMAP 79 marine handhelds use reliable GNSS with support for multiple constellations which allows boaters to access data across the world.
No matter the conditions, the GPSMAP 79 series prevents fogging and improves contrast of on-screen mapping thanks to a larger, optically bonded display with 2.5-times higher resolution than its previous range. Specially crafted for life on the water, the new, transflective color display with a scratch-resistant glass lens allows for sunlight-readable navigation to enhance clarity and visibility in outdoor environments.
The GPSMAP 79 series provides users with up to 19 hours of battery life while using GPS, and – thanks to its practical floating design and water resistance2 – can continue to perform in harsh marine environments. For capturing even more adventures on the lake or at sea, the GPSMAP 79 series offers 8GB of memory for storage of up to 10,000 waypoints and 250 routes.
Garmin GPSMAP 79sc Marine Handheld GPS w/ BlueChart g3 Coastal Charts (010-02635-02) Specifications:
|PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS||2.67” x 6.85” x 1.67” (6.77 x 17.40 x 4.23 cm)|
|DISPLAY SIZE||1.5″W x 2.5″H (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3″ diag (7.6 cm)|
|DISPLAY RESOLUTION||240 x 400 pixels|
|DISPLAY TYPE||transflective, 65K color TFT|
|WEIGHT||9.95 oz (282g) with batteries|
|BATTERY TYPE||2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended|
|BATTERY LIFE||up to 19 hours|
|MIL-STD-810||yes (thermal, shock, water); bare unit only|
|INTERFACE||high speed microUSB and NMEA 0183 compatible|
|MEMORY/HISTORY||8 GB (user space varies based on included mapping on sc version)|
|Maps and Memory|
|PRELOADED MAPS||BlueChart® g3 Coastal Charts|
|ABILITY TO ADD MAPS||Yes|
|AUTOMATIC ROUTING (TURN BY TURN ROUTING ON ROADS) FOR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES||Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)|
|INCLUDES DETAILED HYDROGRAPHIC FEATURES (COASTLINES, LAKE/RIVER SHORELINES, WETLANDS AND PERENNIAL AND SEASONAL STREAMS)||Yes (downloadable from Garmin Express™)|
|INCLUDES SEARCHABLE POINTS OF INTERESTS (PARKS, CAMPGROUNDS, SCENIC LOOKOUTS AND PICNIC SITES)||Yes (downloadable from Garmin Express™)|
|DISPLAYS NATIONAL, STATE AND LOCAL PARKS, FORESTS, AND WILDERNESS AREAS||Yes (downloadable from Garmin Express™)|
|EXTERNAL MEMORY STORAGE||yes (32 GB max microSD™ card, not included)|
|TRACK LOG||20,000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities|
|20,000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities||250, 250 points per route; 50 points auto routing|
|Compass||Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)|
|GPS COMPASS (WHILE MOVING)||Yes|
|CUSTOM MAPS COMPATIBLE||Yes|
What’s in the Box:
- GPSMAP 79s
- USB Cable